In 2016, OES began to develop an overall strategy for the cluster. The present version of the strategy document was developed in several strategy discussions between the Executive Board, OES management and strategy consultants, a 2-day strategy workshop with 16 OES members, and a wide range of input from the members over several iteration rounds. The document offers both the cluster management and all members a guideline for the strategic orientation of the next five to ten years.
During the development of the strategy, the following objectives were derived from the network’s vision and mission:
- OES creates the technological basis for the fully flexible device.
- OES helps organic, flexible and printed electronics to break into the market.
- OES offers its members competitive advantages (market access, innovation advantage, cost advantages).
- OES develops the technology location Saxony into a specialized center of value creation in national and global competition.
- OES develops into a communicative and lively network with an „Open Innovation“ approach, in which members from business, science and politics form a lively innovation core.
The document also provides a multifaceted overview of the following thematic areas of the cluster:
- the OES Network
- organic, flexible and printed electronics as technology
- components and current and future products
- current and future target markets
Each of these areas is described in detail in the strategy document on the following points:
- What has been achieved, what is the current state of development?
- Where are the challenges and hurdles?
- Gartner Hype Cycle, Moore’s Gap and SWOT Analysis
- Recommendations for future activities