WCM training missions in Japan
How to improve productivity and reduce costs in manufacturing! European Commission-funded programme in Japan - Call for applications.
06-24 to 06-28-2019
- Discover Japan approach to World-Class Manufacturing
- Learn how Japanese firms achieve superior production standards
- Focus on the latest trends by visiting the top manufacturing plants in Japan
- Visit the real „GEMBA“ (i.e. production site in Japan)
- Meet senior Japanese industry leaders
Since the first edition in 1992, more than 700 participants from across all EU Member states have participated in this practical training course.
The 5-day World Class Manufacturing training mission provides an in-depth analysis of Japanese manufacturing methodology and is aimed exclusively at EU managers with knowledge of WCM and an engineering background.
It assists the participants to acquire a better understanding of TQC (Total Quality Control), TQM (Total Quality Management), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), JIT (Just In Time), TIE (Total Industrial Engineering) practices and the current KAIZEN manufacturing methods (continuous improvement).
The training course consists of lectures, workshops and visits to some of the world’s most advanced Japanese factories in order to understand the real „Gemba“ (production site), talk directly with their production managers and observe the effective implementation of manufacturing methods.This course will give its participants a detailed understanding of current Japanese approaches that they can adapt to help their companies lean journeys.
Ideal participants have an important strategic role in shaping the company’s best practice strategy or can influence the company’s management of quality control / best practice / production systems (e.g. Director, Manager, Operation & Logistics, Plant Manager, Quality Manager or Managing Director etc).
The sector of activity is unimportant since the themes covered are equally applicable in non-manufacturing industries.
The candidate must:
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country;
work for a company that is > 50% EU or COSME partnering country owned;
- work for a company that is an EU or COSME partnering country juridical person;
- be supported by their employer;
- be able to participate in the entire programme;
- have a good command of English;
- be an employee/team leader involved in changing production engineering methods /strategy and / or production control, or with experience in operations management
- have knowledge and practice of production methods of excellence.
The main criteria for selection are:
- the professional & educational background of the candidate;
- the strategy of the participant’s company regarding WCM implementation.
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in each programme is limited to 25.
PROGRAMME DESIGN & CONTENT
Study block I: lectures, seminars & panel discussions, presented by experts from Japanese industry covering subjects such as:
- Lead-Time Reduction through Streamlined Flows of Information and Products
- Policy Deployment, HR Management and Best Practice for Staff Motivation
- Continuous Improvement of Customer Service Supported by WCM
- Lean Thinking and WCM Approach in Japan
- TQC, TQM, TPM, JIT and TIE
- Attractive Quality Creation
- Levelled Production System
- Variable-Product Variable
- Quantity Production to meet Demand Fluctuation
- Synchronized Production System (from order to delivery)
- Flexible Manufacturing Implemented by QCD
- Improvement of Overall Manufacturing Capability.
Study block II: visits to companies – preparation for company visits and post-visit reviews.
The sectors of activity of the companies to be visited include, among others:
- Chemical products and plastics
- Steel products
- Automobile industry