Scientist/Senior Scientist in the field of Laser Lithography
Through its applied research and technology development, JOANNEUM RESEARCH plays a key role in the transfer of technology and knowledge in Styria, Carinthia and Burgenland. Its high level of commitment and the outstanding qualifications of its employees are the basis for ensuring its success.
Our MATERIALS institute focuses primarily on light technologies, optics, micro- und nanotechnology, surface functionalization, materials science, sensors und laser-production technologies.
To support our successful team of the research group Hybrid Electronics and Patterning, we are filling the following position as of November 2022, for a period of three years (project duration), based in Weiz: Scientist/Senior Scientist in the field of Laser Lithography
- Collaborate with renowned international partners from research and industry in a funded European project aiming for the development of a disruptive new laser lithography platform
- Work in on-going research and industrial projects in the field of laser lithography
- Working in the laboratory (mostly in the clean room) in the system integration of optics, optomechanics, electronics and lasers
- Create software for controlling the laser lithography system and develop the algorithms and strategies for laser patterning
- Find and establish the processes and recipes for processing the photoresists, test and analyse them
- Fabricate, characterise and analyse of surface structures and determine a strategy for process improvement
- Prepare and assist in reporting the project results and scientific publications (full papers, posters)
- Contribute to internal and external discussions, meetings and reviews
Your profile includes:
- Relevant degree in natural sciences, electronics or engineering (e.g., laser lithography, laser physics, optical microscopy, applied optics, photonics or related field) – PhD would be an advantage
- Excellent experiences and practice working in the lab, in particular in developing an experimental setup in the field of laser technology (e.g. multiphoton lithography or microscopy) and in surface characterisation methods (e.g. REM, AFM, optical microscopy) are advantageous
- LabView, Python and/or MatLab programming experience in physics
- At least 2 years of experience in applied research projects
- Excellent German and English skills
- Ability to work in a team, commitment and customer orientation
- According to the applicable collective agreement at least a monthly gross salary of € 3,405,-, payable 14 times per year (aliquot – a market-standard overpayment compared to the collective agreement is a matter of course for us, depending on professional experience and qualification
- team-oriented working atmosphere and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- flexible working hours with the possibility of teleworking
- targeted support for your personal career through the internal training programme and in the further development of your professional expertise
- additional full days off on Good Friday, 24.12. and 31.12.
- attractive social benefits such as sports and cultural sponsorship, mobility allowance, company events, etc.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and ask you to send relevant documents – exclusively in electronic form – to the following address:
JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Subject: Scientist Laser Lithography
Contact person: Ladislav Kuna, PhD