Ph.D. thesis in the field of organic electronics
Through its applied research and technology development, JOANNEUM RESEARCH plays a key role in the transfer of technology and knowledge in Styria, Carinthia and Burgenland. Its high level of commitment and the outstanding qualifications of its employees are the basis for ensuring its success.
Our MATERIALS institute focuses primarily on light technologies, optics, micro- und nanotechnology, surface functionalization, materials science, sensors und laser-production technologies.
We offer at our site in Weiz, in our research group Hybrid Electronics and Patterning, as of June 2022, in cooperation with an Austrian university, a
Ph.D. thesis in the field of organic electronics on a part-time basis (72% of 38.5 hours per week), limited to three years.
- Research and development with renowned international partners in an international joint project aiming for the development of an innovative flexible multimodal ferroelectric transducer and organic amplifiers for biomedical applications.
- Working in the laboratory (clean room) on fabrication of solution-processed organic amplifiers and ferro-/piezoelectric transducers
- Fabricate, characterise and analyse organic transistors, organic amplifiers and ferroelectric sensors and determine a strategy for process improvement
- Prepare and assist in reporting the project results and scientific publications (full papers, posters)
- Contribute to internal and external discussions, meetings and reviews
- M.Sc. degree in a relevant field (physics, material science, or related field)
- Experience and passion for working in the lab (clean room)
- Knowledge in electrical material characterization (parameter analyser, impedance spectroscopy etc.)
- Experience in material characterization (e.g. surface characterisation methods such as SEM, AFM, optical microscopy)
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in an international and multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail, precision and creativity at work.
- Monthly gross salary of € 3,274,-, (full-time employment) payable 14 times per year (aliquot – a market-standard overpayment compared to the collective agreement is a matter of course for us, depending on professional experience and qualification)
- Team-oriented working atmosphere and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Opportunity to work in the attractive research field “Organic electronics” in an international and multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasional teleworking
- Targeted support for your personal career through the internal training programme and in the further development of your professional expertise
- Additional full days off on Good Friday, 24.12. and 31.12.
- Attractive social benefits such as sports and culture funding, mobility sponsoring, mobility allowance, , company events, free coffee, etc.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and ask you to send relevant documents – exclusively in electronic form – to the following address:
JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Subject: MATERIALS / Ph.D. thesis Organic Electronics
Contact person: Mag. Dr. Andreas Petritz