Application Engineer for Printed Sensors with IoT functionality (f/m)
InnovationLab GmbH (iL) is a joint, application-oriented platform for business development, research and knowledge transfer in Heidelberg in Germany’s Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region. iL operates with the support
from Heidelberg University, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), BASF SE, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, and SAP SE.
Emphasis is put on future technologies in the field of Printed Organic Electronics. iL’s main focus is to commercialize innovative technologies and to create research platforms which allow the partners to work together under one roof across all disciplines and along the entire value chain. Key to iL’s mission are cooperative research, transforming inventions into marketable products, and training the next generation of scientists and business developers.
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company covering a broad portfolio from oil & gas to petrochemicals and a broad variety of polymers and specialty chemicals. Innovation is key for BASF and the joint research activities with iL are of high importance for shaping the future of intelligent materials.
For a joint project between iL and BASF SE, iL is currently looking for an
Application Engineer for Printed Sensors with IoT functionality (f/m, full-time)
Expectations and tasks:
- Identifying new and creative solutions for the application of printed sensors to create smart materials and systems in the environment of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Planning and realizing an IoT sensor application that comprises printed sensors, read-out electronics, and data management / analysis via software applications as part of a research team
- Conducting experiments in the field of Organic Electronics covering design and fabrication of sensors and sensor devices for IoT applications
- You are responsible for development and improvement of internal processes and methods (e.g. testing) with special focus on IoT and electrical functionalities
- Cooperating with BASF SE, the world’s leading chemical company
Education and qualification/ skills and competencies:
- We expect from you a master’s degree in electronics, printing, information technology or comparable fields plus 3-5 years professional experience in the environment of sensors and IoT
- You are experienced in the complex design and development of hard- and software solutions for sensor modules, familiar with wireless networking concepts with standards like SigFox, LoRa, LTE-M, NB-IoT
- Preferred skills comprise the use of organic devices in and for printed sensors as well as device fabrication processes and device testing
- Broad knowledge of methods and materials is your fundament for developing solutions of technical and commercial relevance
- You are highly motivated to work in a cross-functional team with world-leading scientists and industry partners
- You have an application and goal-driven approach with strong industry focus skills make you a valuable addition to our dynamic, multinational team
Please submit your complete application until 31.12.2018 only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include a cover letter, a tabular CV, copies of the obtained degree certificates and copies of your references from former employers (if available).
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Speyerer Straße 4