Embedded Hardware Engineer (m/f/d)
At Senorics, we develop NIR detector chips and sensor devices based on STM32 microcontrollers. The devices need firmware which drives the configuration and the readout electronics for our sensor chips. The device itself provides interfaces like USB, UART, BLE, and others. The connection is handled on OS level by a library written in C programming language.
We seek a senior developer to help us to develop the firmware for our sensor devices and to provide stable APIs. These APIs later are used for customer products and internal applications based on Java, Python and other languages.
Objectives and Tasks:
- Development and implementation of embedded hardware solutions
- Firmware development for microcontroller driven sensor devices in C/C++
- Gather and analyze requirements for solution of technical tasks
- Design the target solution (PCBs, selection of components)
- Development of C/C++ interfaces for Windows and Linux for these sensor devices connected via USB, BLE, and other ports
- Development of interfaces as SPI, I2C, UART and others
- Set up automated software and hardware tests for embedded systems (CI/CD)
- Manage external development partners and review externally developed code and hardware solutions
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Natural Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in development of embedded devices
- 3+ years of experience in development of C/C++
- Experience in programming Windows and Linux to connect to our sensor devices
- Experience with IoT operating systems like RTOS would be desirable
- Experience in software development and building tools like GIT, Jira, CMake, etc.
- Experience using CI tools such as Jenkins, Code Quality Control tools like Sonar, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies
- Knowledge of hardware-related developments and tooling
- English (business fluent), German (at least basic)
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical debugging skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with management, customers, and business stakeholders
- A passion for learning and for helping others to learn
What we offer:
Exciting insights into our technology, flat hierarchies, self-reliant work with flexible working hours and mobile working, steep learning curves as well as fun and start-up atmosphere.
Senorics GmbH – Messering 19 – 01067 Dresden
Renate Holzwarth, +49 351 85032415